Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sam Mackenzie's blunt take on this Africa thing..

What happens when you put a group of scouts and girl's brigade in the middle of Zambia? The best answer? Don't ask!! From sweat to springs and tears to tuna I can tell you now were only one week in and it's getting interesting!!

My first thing... Embracing natural Beauty...

Now when I say natural beauty I mean no nice pleasures (except the springs and bar etc!!) but seriously I don't think anyone cares any more!! My armpits now resemble small gerbils (don't worry Andy I'll shave them before i come home!) but that's nothing! Considering Selby is a guy everything he lifts his arm I swear it growls!! All the girls are now sporting mini plaits like the ones people make you have when your 11 on holiday in spain and you sit there for about 3 hours while your mum says 'You look lovely' thats until 3 weeks later when she can't get them out and they've morphed into some dreadlocks which don't look so lovely! I can tell you now getting your feet trapped in wet rocks does nothing for you except alot of pain and a hobble that challeneges an old woman on a zimmer frame... As for tanning... that is one thing that gets the big thumbs up!! I'm that naturally pale you turn the light of in a room of people and someone shouts 'jeeze casper the friendly ghost does exist!!' but believe it or not i am tanning!! and its not freckles!!!! And the bricklaying is great for the arm muscles that is except when Leona decides Daddy Dave's head would look better with a brick imprint in it.. that was a few days ago and the ugliness hasn't gone down!! Oh if he reads that... anyway thats enough on beauty wait until i treat you too my blunt expression of the food!! Ciao x

Ps. Mum... Your nick name is MAMMY mac not MUMMY mac! but it made me crease so 10/10 you wonderful relation of mine :D

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mike
    Just back from Sheffield- mum's taxis as dad can't drive with his wrist... do you get to blog when its your cooking day? hope so...is it coming up soon? Building work looks realy impressive..bet your suntan is coming on brilliantly too
    Much love Lain and Phil H-N

    ReplyDelete
  2. sam's uncle john: what are you playing at i've ordered my new jag but I can't get it unless I claim on your life insurance there must be a hungry lion somewhere near you so go find it. Have a great time and get some work done.

    ReplyDelete